Serving All of New England
All of our programs have divisions for beginner and experienced players
Get out there and give our camps, clinics and leagues a try!
Important update regarding COVID 19 and Cave Girl programs
Required COVID19 Liability Release Form
If you registered prior to June 14th you must download/print/sign this form and bring it with you the first day of your program. Click here for the release form.
Cave Girl Field Hockey 2020 Summer Programs Update REV. 6/17/20
League Starts Tuesday, 6/23/20!!!! And all summer programs are on!
All play will be at Souhegan High School Calvetti Field.
Although there have been revisions in the social gathering numbers, Saint Anselm canceled their summer programs because they have a lot to do to prepare their campus as they have decided to open early for their fall semester. Luckily, all of our programs will continue on the beautiful Calvetti Turf Field in Amherst at Souhegan High School!
I have been in communication with The NH Task Force Youth Sports Chair, and after speaking with him, we are well within the acceptable numbers for social gathering. There is a limit of 50 for competition, which means only who are actively playing in games as in our HS league. It does not count subs, coaches, or officials. When we run all 4 games at once at HS league, we have 56 players in 7v7 games. He said that’s very reasonable and safe.
Cave Girl will adhere to every safety precaution recommended by the NH Task Force. I will send those reminders and the schedule for all HS games by Monday late morning.
Some of the important things to know right now for all participants:
- Everyone should wear face coverings to and from the field, but it can be taken off when you are on the field.
- Only participants will be allowed on the field. Spectators are asked to stay outside the stadium, and are welcome to watch from outside but need to practice social distancing as they do so.
- We usually provide water for our participants, but this will not be possible as we are trying to avoid this interaction.
- Each player should bring their own hand sanitizer to limit multiple people using the same bottle. However, we will have hand sanitizer readily available for use.
- The bathrooms will not be open, but there will be a port-o-potty to use that will be sanitized according to Task Force guidelines.
- Please wear a reversible (one that has a dark and a light side) if you have one to limit the need for a pinnie as once it’s used, we will not be using it again that night for league.
- All equipment use will be strictly monitored as once anything is used it must be sanitized. For example, if you need to borrow a stick, that stick will be monitored to make sure it is sanitized after use.
- We will have a Registered Nurse on-site for the first night of league at least and on call for future dates who is actively involved in the safety precautions necessary surrounding Covid-19.
- We will have staff members monitoring all safety precautions at all programs. We ask that you be understanding of their role in keeping everyone safe.
- Registration Expectations: In an effort to limit the amount of interaction to keep everyone safe, we expect all participants to be registered and paid prior to the first night. If you must pay in cash, please realize no change will be made. If you are paying by check, please have it filled out prior to the first night at registration as we do not want to share pens, etc.
2020 Program Registration Open
Click on Field name for directions:
Cave Girl Programs run rain or shine
Just added: End of summer Pre-season Clinic for Grades 5-8
Aug 24-28th $100
Play from 6-8PM, at Amherst Middle School
Get ready for the season, prep for tryouts
High School 2 Night Clinic
Wednesday, 8/5/20 and Thursday, 8/6/20 from 5-8pm at The Souhegan High School Calvetti Family Turf Field $80
- 2 Night Clinic for players entering grades 9-12 for field players and goalkeepers to receive high level instruction from 2 local college coaches:
- Carolyn King Robitaille-Head Coach, Saint Anselm College, USA Futures Site Director and Julie Munson-Head Coach, Southern New Hampshire University, former Assistant Coach, Harvard University
Julie Munson will work with the goalkeepers specifically on the night she isn’t running the clinic for the field players
- *8th graders who have team experience who also attend the morning session of Cave Girl Camp at Saint Anselm College 7/27-7/31 are allowed to attend the evening camp at Souhegan. At Cave Girl, we feel strongly that 8th graders need the fundamental skills provided at the morning session of our camp. However, we also see the importance of challenging those who are ready to take their skills to the next level. That is why we will offer these 8th graders the opportunity to attend the evening camp. Middle school students who do not fit these criteria cannot attend this High School Clinic. This way we can guarantee the competitive level for our high school players.
Field Hockey Summer League
Our league is 7v7 round robin format (3-4 games play at a time). Players have many opportunities to touch the ball against different opponents because they play multiple games a night. Sign up individually, BUT you will be placed on a team with other members of your school team if they are present. Everyone is placed on a team each night based on who attends that night as some teams need players, and there are House teams. The elementary and middle school grades receive instruction in addition to game play. Goalies receive a $25 discount for league! Enter promo code GK!
Tuesdays (only $95 for summer!)
Divisions (grades entering in fall):
Revised dates and location:
All league divisions will play at Souhegan High School Calvetti Field
- Entering grades 1-8: Tuesdays, 6/23/20 or 7/7/20-8/11/20 or 8/18 depending on HS preseason start dates from 5-6pm
- High School Division: Tuesdays, 6/23/20 or 7/7/20-8/11/20 or 8/18 depending on HS preseason start dates from 6-8:30pm depending on # of teams
- College Division: Tuesdays, 6/23/20 or 7/7/20-8/11/20 or 8/18 depending on HS preseason start dates
Cave Girl Fall Instructional League Grades 1-6
All towns and schools welcome!
Instruction and game play at 2 events in the fall. We will play in the Halloween
tournament hosted by Granite State Elite and The Hampshire Dome in Milford at the
end of October. This is a fun event I help organize with the Dome. There is a small fee
for this event. Time TBA but it's a day of fun and prizes! We all dress up in costume.
Get your thinking caps on for what we could all do that would be easy and can play
field hockey in!
Ages: 1st-6th grade
Date: Sundays, 9/13, 9/20, 9/27, 10/4, 10/18 (there are also the additional 2 days with
Location: Amherst Middle School, field located behind the school
Cost: for Amherst Instructional League: $95
Specialized Goalkeeping Clinic for Middle and High School Goalkeepers
with Souhegan Varsity Coach Kelli Braley ($150)
-Come get amazing training in this highly technical position!
-For beginners and experienced goalkeepers
Date: Sundays, 9/13, 9/20, 9/27, 10/4, 10/18
Location: Amherst Middle School, field located behind the school
Cave Girl Field Hockey programs provide young athletes the opportunity to become better players by learning from some of the best coaches and players in the game. We provide quality instruction and healthy competition in a fun, supportive playing environment. Each player receives both individual and group instruction under an excellent player/coach ratio. All players are exposed to advanced techniques and the fundamental skills of field hockey and lacrosse.
The foundation of our field hockey curriculum is based on the US Futures Program as our camp is a USFHA Sanctioned Partner Camp. All levels of experience and ability are welcome and encouraged to participate in all of the Cave Girl programs as we group players according to age and skill.
Cave Girl is a US Field Hockey Partner Camp
The Partner Camp program provides athletes the opportunity to be identified for the Futures program, the Olympic Development Program for USA Field Hockey. Cave Girl can recommend up to 5% of their participants to the US Futures program. See the USA Field Hockey website at www.teamusa.org/USA-Field-